Brief Profile of Prof. P. Srinivas Subbarao
Prof (Dr.) P. Srinivas Subbarao, is an award-winning management educator, researcher and institution builder. Prof Subbarao was selected for the highly prestigious Leadership for Academicians Programme (LEAP, 2019-2020) Fellowship of Ministry of HRD, Govt of India. As part of this fellowship, he was trained in academic leadership at IIT Kharagpur & the University of Cambridge. In January 2020 the University of Bristol invited him to deliver a talk on challenges and opportunities in developing a campus startup culture.
Prof Subbarao is currently the Dean & Director, School of Management,(SoM) at Dr. Vishwanath Karad MIT World Peace University and a Professor of Entrepreneurship and International Business. Earlier, he was the Dean, Faculty of Management Studies, Sri Sri University, and CEO of SSU Innovation Pvt. Ltd. Also he worked as the Registrar and the Dean of Student Welfare (DSW) at Sri Sri University.
In his last 26 years of academic life, he has developed cutting-edge experience and expertise in teaching management, conducting inter-disciplinary research in business studies, and building academic centers and institutions in areas of innovation, climate change, sustainability, indigenous studies, and peacebuilding. He has also a unique distinction of being a scholar-practitioner who brings in his experience of entrepreneurship to mentor students in developing new ventures. He has so far mentored more than 50 startups in India and has been credited to have developed a nascent startup culture in the last five years.Key Achievements (Last Five Years)
- Received 2nd Ph.D. in Corporate Law from National Law University Odisha in 2021
- University of Bristol invitation to share experience in developing a campus startup culture, 2020
- LEAP Fellowship, MHRD, Govt of India, IIT Kharagpur and the University of Cambridge, 2019-20
- CMI (UK) Certified Trainer in Leadership and Management, 2019
- UKIERI Fellowship of Government of India and Govt of UK, 2019
- Empaneled Innovation Trainer, MHRD Govt of India, 2019
- Chief Minister’s Award for Best Startup Bootcamp,2018
- Qualified CSR Educator, Ministry of Corporate Affairs, 2018
- Odisha Inc Award conferred by the Law Minister of Government of Odisha, 2018
- Govt of Odisha Recognition and empanelment of SSU Innovation Pvt Ltd, 2018
- AIMS and IRMA Award on Outstanding Management Teacher Award, 2016